Looking for a challenging role? Napoleon is looking for a Legal Counsel.
Napoleon has built a strong and enviable position at the heart of a growing Belgian gambling and gaming market. Under the ownership of the Superbet Group and with an unwavering focus on long-term growth, Napoleon has built a plan that reignites the company. Over the coming five years Napoleon will build a clear and unassailable leadership position in the gambling and gaming market – starting with Belgium, but its ambition stretches beyond.
As Legal Counsel, you are a member of our legal department and report to the Head of Legal. You ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, translate business strategies into legal documentation, and provide advice in line with company procedures. You ultimately reduce costs while maximizing legal protection.
Main Responsibilities & Accountabilities
· Become the SPOC for the business partners in relation to the implementation of applicable gaming laws and regulations;
· Support all lines of business with sound legal advice and support during the contract negotiation process, subsequently translating negotiated agreements into contractual documentation;
· Keep track of essential elements of contractual documentation and timely report to business to take necessary actions;
· Proactively screen legal and regulatory critical aspects relevant for the business and continuously keep track of new laws and regulations and jurisprudence alike and formulateready-to-use recommendations and advice accordingly;
· Propose, develop and monitor preventive law and compliance programs to reduce the company’s exposure to any risk;
· Manage claims, disputes and litigation and support the business by collaborating in dispute negotiations – appoint and manage an external counsel where needed, ensuring high-quality and cost-effective representation;
· Set up standards for the entire organization to streamline legal documentation and increase efficiency of legal service delivery in general;
· Take responsibility of corporate housekeeping of the group companies;
· Manage IP/trademarks and take required actions to safeguard the company’s IP portfolio.
· You obtained a Master degree in Law;
· You build on at least 5 years of professional experience in a similar position;
· You have a solid expertise in Belgian commercial and contract law (IT, operations, marketing, e-commerce, data protection, GDPR etc.);
· Any previous exposure to gaming law and compliance related topics is an asset;
· You are an outstanding communicator who uses appropriate language at all levels -both spoken and written- in primarily Dutch and English whereby a good working knowledge if French is considered to be an asset;
· You have excellent contract drafting and communication skills;
· You are team player who is able to work autonomously;
· You have a strong sense of ownership and accountability, work diligently and pragmatically, with a high level of attention for detail;
· You have a strong sense of urgency, excellent prioritization skills and are capable of working in a fast-changing corporate environment and regulatory landscape;
· You are a pragmatist, result-oriented, flexible and well-organized with a “can do” mentality.
We’re in this journey together.
Say what you do and do what you say.
Play your best game.
Grow with us.
Napoleon is Belgian market leader in the entertainment sector, and part of Superbet Group, a leading pan-European entertainment corporation. We are focused on marketing online and offline gaming experiences that are safe, thrilling and rewarding. Our innovative platforms are built in contemporary technologies that run on a state-of-the-art system architecture.
In return for your dedication and expertise, we offer a challenging career in a unique, fast-paced and dynamic environment. We offer a hybrid working environment, an attractive salary package, including various benefits, a company car with fuel card as well as ample learning and growth opportunities. Our headquarters are based in easily reachable, modern offices in Aalst, between Brussels and Ghent